Who we are
- What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form,
and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
An anonymised string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be
provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it. The Gravatar service
approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context
of your comment.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded
location data (EXIF GPS) included.
Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the
- Any data entered using our contact pages will be used in accordance with our current
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email
address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do
not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These
cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary
cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no
personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login
information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days,
and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your
login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login
cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your
browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID
of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles,
etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the
visitor has visited the other website.
tracking, and monitor your interaction with that embedded content, including tracking
your interaction with the embedded content if you have an account and are logged in to
- Who we share your data with
- We do not share your data with any outside agency or body.
- How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically
instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal
information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or
delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their
username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive
an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have
provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you.
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or
- Where we send your data
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Cancellation & Refund policy
- You can cancel your Quantam membership at any time, and you will continue to
have access to the Quantam service through the end of your billing period. To
the extent permitted by the applicable law, payments are non-refundable and we
do not provide refunds or credits for any partial membership periods. To cancel,
go to the "Account" page and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you
cancel your membership, your account will be active but you will not take
advantage of any premium content or service in the app.
- Change to the price and subscription plans:
- We may change our subscription plans and the price of our service from time to
time; however, any price changes or changes to your subscription plans will
apply no earlier than 30 days following notice to you.